Development & Placement
of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD)
Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) Contracted Services
State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD)
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) Contracted Services
About the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
What they do?
- Provide employment services and counseling to people with disabilities.
- Provide or arrange for services to enable an individual to go to work.
- Provide training and technical assistance to employers regarding disability employment issues.
Who do they serve?
Individuals with disabilities who face a substantial barrier to employment, and employers.
The Racine County Opportunity Center (RCOC) offers numerous services to the consumers of The Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. Participations that are referred for placement services are provided with an Employment Specialist and assisted in obtaining and maintaining competitive employment. The consumer is taught job searching skills, resume building skills, interviewing techniques, and they learn how to successfully fill out a job application. The following are additional services provided:
- Customized Employment
- Internship Temporary Work
- Job Preparation and Development
- Job Shadows & Career Exploration
- Student Based Learning Services
- Supported Employment Services
- Job Coaching & Systematic Instruction
- Job Retention Services
Apply for DVR Services
Find a Job. Keep a Job. Get a Better Job.